Saturday, December 16, 2006

Graham, Texas - The Stembridge Ranch

Our last stop was Graham, Texas, to visit good friends, Bob and Sharon Stembridge. They have a big Texas Ranch, and their place reminds me of the Bing Crosby song "Don't Fence Me in"
"Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above,
Don't fence me in.
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love,
Don's fence me in"........
We parked out motor home right in their front yard! What a hoot!

Bob invited Norm to go shooting with him at the Graham Gun and Rifle Club Fall Tournament. Norm had a blast and enjoyed the day of shooting and good food. Norm won a trophy and took a lot of kidding, and Bob was accused of bringing in a Florida ringer. Bob and Sharon took us touring around the area, and here they are at the Possum Kingdom Lake and Dam.

A real Texas longhorn....(notice he smiled for the camera)

No comments: